Here's a list of commencement speakers just published:
- DePaul University (Chicago)--Marty Castro, a major proponent of so-called "homosexual marriage."
- Gonzaga University Law School (Spokane)--Bob Ferguson, a strong supporter of "homosexual marriage."
- La Roche College (Pittsburg) and Seattle University (Washington)--abortion and contraception advocate Mark Shriver;
- Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles)--pro-abortion former president Bill Clinton.
- Merrimack College (North Andover, MA)--pro-abortion and "homosexual marriage" advocate Charlie Baker.
- Saint Mary's College (California)--"homosexual marriage" advocate Tom Torlakson.
- Xavier University (Louisiana)--abortion and contraception advocate Dr. Helene Gayle.
- Regis College (Denver)--Sr. Simone Campbell, S.S.S., known for her support of so-called "women priests" and Dr. Paul Farmer, who promotes contraception.
- The University of Notre Dame (Indiana)--will award pro-abortion and pro- "homosexual marriage" advocate Joe Biden with the coveted Laetare Medal, the iinstitution's highest award, at its commencement ceremony.
Well, yes, it is true that what each of them believes and advocates is contrary to Church teaching. But, what's that matter? After all, the currency of the realm is academic freedom, inclusion, and diversity of thought. Lots of that in this year's list, no?
More importantly, each of those institutions identify themselves as "Catholic" institutions of higher education.
But, then, who is anyone to judge whether or not those institutions are Catholic?
Let the discussion begin...